SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST APP
Content Marketing is the pillar of how I’ve built my business over the last few years, but I must confess: it hasn’t always been the streamlined process it is today. In fact, it was only a few years ago when my team and I felt like we were constantly chasing deadlines and churning out content left and right with no real direction. Fortunately, we got to the point where we decided it was high time to lay out a proper content strategy and the rest is history.
What’s important to remember is that coming up with your own content marketing strategy doesn’t have to be a complicated multi-step process for it to work. You just need to always remember who you are creating content for and what kind of content can serve them best then work from there.
In this episode, I share a few tips on creating your own content marketing strategy such as thinking in groups of 12 when it comes to creating content, content repurposing and setting up workflows with your team to lighten the load.
I also talk about the importance of deep diving into your numbers regularly to see how your strategy is working so far and why you want to be sure that you’re making decisions on firm data, not responding to the latest algorithm update. This podcast is chock full of handy tips you can apply to your strategy so don’t forget your notebook and a pen, you’re going to need it!You also want to spot the trends in your numbers. This means you can see if there’s a trend or if something is just a blip. You want to be sure that you’re making decisions on firm data, not responding to the latest algorithm update. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential learning points from this episode:
- Make sure every piece of content you create either educates, entertains or inspires your audience.
- People enjoy consuming content in different formats, so don’t be afraid to explore what’s out there and see what your audience prefers more.
- When repurposing content, make sure that the new piece of content is just as high quality as the original.
- Deep diving into your numbers helps you see how your strategy is working so far and what changes it might need to reach more people.
- Much, much more!
Important links & mentions from this episode:
- How to Increase Your Traffic with Keyword Research [BLOG POST]
- YOU304 – How Personal Assistance Has Evolved with Emma Mills
- Pick up Chris’ first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year’s Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.