Do you have favorites? Of course, you do! You have your favorite show, podcast, author, restaurant, bar. They all create an experience that you just can’t get enough of. As a personal brand entrepreneur, you are striving to become somebody’s favorite. That is your number one goal. Why? Because if you are somebody’s favorite person, they are going to love everything you do.
What does it mean to become somebody’s favorite?
Liking somebody is not enough. I like a lot of people but that doesn’t mean I want to do business with them. I am going to work with the people I trust and to trust somebody I need to know them really well. You don’t want people to like you. You want them to love you.
You want to become somebody’s favorite. It doesn’t matter which area of your business this is. It could be that you’re their favorite podcaster, blogger, mentor, speaker, author, or even Instagram account. If you’re their favorite everything, even better!
When you’re truly somebody’s favorite they will follow you across your social networks, be on your email list, and consume everything you put out. Whenever you have something new to sell, they are going to be there at the front of the queue.
Not only that but they are going to be retweeting you, sharing your posts on Facebook. They are going to show up to support you. They are going to encourage people in their community to follow you and buy from you too.
The power of niching down
You want to become somebody’s favorite for a specific need. Let’s say you run a sports blog and you write about basketball. That’s not enough. There are plenty of blogs about basketball. So you make it much more specific. You create a basketball blog for point guards.
Your blog has gone from being wide open to being very specific. Yes, the audience is going to be smaller but all those point guards are going to come to your site and you will become their favorite. You’re writing just for them. You speak their language, you’re on their side talking about the things that matter to them.
You might be thinking that there are lots of other people in your niche. Yes, you’ve specialized but you’ve got competition. This is where your secret weapon comes in: you.
When you put you very solidly in the center of what you do, you ultimately become somebody’s favorite – that’s how you build a strong personal brand and become a successful entrepreneur. Be as unique as you can be and you will attract the right people.
7 things you must do to become somebody’s favorite
You want people to fall in love with you as deeply and quickly as possible. Make it easy by doing these 7 things all day, every day, to build your personal brand business.
- Be you, all the time. Your personality, knowledge, and experience makes the difference between you and others in your niche and should be a key part of your branding strategy. By being truly you, showing your values and sharing your knowledge, you will stand out and potential clients will be able to see the difference you bring and the impact you can have on their lives.
- Do what you do right. If you do everything the right way, for the right reasons, you will earn people’s trust and they will know that you genuinely care about the people you want to serve.
- Listen to your audience. I can’t stress the importance of this enough. My business has been shaped by listening to my customers and developing products and services which help them.
- Be intentional. Plan what you need to do and take action. You have to put the work in and you need to make sure you are looking after people along the way. No matter how busy you are, make sure you make time to build relationships that matter.
- Always be thinking about what you can do to help people. Keep giving value and serve, serve, serve.
- Become a thought leader. Create content which shows people you are the one to solve their problems. Show people why they should follow you, and why they need to subscribe to your newsletter, your podcast, YouTube channel, or whatever it is you create to serve those who want to learn from you and. Position yourself as a top influencer.
- Use your social media platforms to let people get to know you. Take them behind the scenes and share the journey with them.
By becoming somebody’s favorite, you are making yourself the go-to person for them whenever they need help with your area of expertise. Inspire people to love what you do, keep listening to what your clients are telling you, and you will make your business future-proof.By becoming somebody’s favorite, you are making yourself the go-to person for them whenever they need help with your area of expertise. Inspire people to love what you do, keep listening and you will make your business future-proof. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet