And we're back! It's been a month since my sabbatical when I took some time out to rest, recharge and finally take a breather after a very hectic two-years and I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be back behind the microphone again.
In between spending quality time with the family, traveling and catching up on my reading list, I've had a lot of time to think about my entrepreneurial journey so far and what I can personally do to improve myself both as a person and as an entrepreneur.
The road to success is anything but one straight clear path. In fact, I've lost count of the ups, downs, and loops that have come my way since starting out as an entrepreneur years ago but there are two things that I am certain of: that experience has been the best teacher and that I wouldn't exchange where I am right now for the world.
I wanted to start off this first episode of the podcast by sharing a few lessons I've picked up along the way as an entrepreneur that has helped me get me to where I am today.Entrepreneurs often find themselves chasing numbers nowadays: signups, subscribers, followers. It can be easy to forget that people aren’t ‘numbers’. They aren’t stats, they aren’t open-rates or followers - they’re people. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential takeaways from this episode:
- YoupreneurFM is back with a brand new look and feel!
- Think about batching your tasks like doing laundry – handle everything in ‘loads' to save time and mental bandwidth.
- Some of the most successful businesses today are results of pivots, like when YouTube decided to switch from being a video dating service to the video streaming giant it is today.
- Celebrating your wins doesn't just mean clinking a glass for a job well done, it's about appreciating your good work and figure out what worked so well.
- What happened to the YoupreneurFM podcast after we hit the pause button for two months.
- Much, much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Pick up Chris' first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year's Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris' second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we're grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.