To monetize or not to monetize? That is the question I get asked a LOT. I know so many entrepreneurs that are on the fence when it comes to monetizing their communities because they are worried they might end up alienating them.
So where do you start? What should you be giving out for free and what can you offer as paid content for your audience?
In this episode, I dive into four different ways you can monetize your online community: blogging, podcasting, webinars and affiliate marketing plus a few of my favorite online tools that I like to use to make it happen.
As Walt Disney once said, “We don’t make movies to make money, we make movies to make more movies.” and that’s the kind of mindset you want to have when it comes to monetizing your community. It’s never about “taking” from your audience. It’s all about being able to truly create more value for your community.Walt Disney once said, “We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.” That’s a good way to think of monetizing an audience. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential takeaways from this episode:
- The success of your blog depends on how deep you are willing to dive into your blog topic and how long you are willing to stick to it.
- The real monetization of your blog lies in your email list and turning casual readers into true fans.
- When it comes to podcast sponsorships, it needs to be a win-win-win situation for everyone.
- Paid webinars allow you to take the pressure off when it comes to selling to a live audience.
- The golden rule when it comes to affiliate marketing and how you should approach it.
- Much, much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Pick up Chris' first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year's Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris' second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we're grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.