It’s not very often I speak to television ‘celebrities’ on the podcast, so this episode is a little bit different.
Join me as I speak with Joseph Valente, 2015 winner of the BBC television program The Apprentice. Joseph has a very interesting story to share – from becoming Lord Sugar’s business partner to later buying him out, to his current personal branding mission.
After ending his partnership with Lord Sugar, Joseph no longer wanted to be known as ‘Alan Sugar’s business partner’, or ‘The Apprentice winner’, he wanted to break free and build his personal brand. The first step he took towards building his personal brand was writing a book.
Today he creates a lot of online content. In the episode Joseph and I talk about creating the right content to connect with your target audience.
I had a really fascinating conversation with Joseph. He talked about developing a hunger and fire in his belly at the age 4 (which led to him to winning The Apprentice), which is still very much within him. However, he is now more educated and experienced, and has really developed as a business man. He wants to help and mentor others and is launching the The Joseph Valente Academy later this year.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Business partnerships do not need to last forever and it’s important to regularly assess if you have a shared vision
- Only you can take control of your personal brand – don’t let it be defined by others
- Why it’s important to test your content on different channels to find your tribe
- When it comes to social media, focus on being where you are happiest
- How to work out what content to create by looking at what is trending and where you can add value
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Joseph’s Instagram
- Joseph’s LinkedIn
- Joseph’s Twitter
- BBC – The Apprentice
- Joseph’s Book: Expelled From the Classroom to Billionaire Boardroom
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!