We’ve all come across articles making the bold statement that email marketing is dead. Fact is that email is here to stay, but it’s adapted to modern times. According to Forbes, 59% of B2B marketers report that email marketing is their most effective channel for generating revenue.
One of the biggest mistakes I see online entrepreneurs make is not putting a premium on building their email lists. They would much rather be focusing on building their subscriber numbers or followers on social media.
The problem with that though is those communication channels aren’t really controlled by you and your marketing strategy could be extremely effective one minute and obsolete the next. This is why having an email list is so important to making sure you get your message across to your audience.
Tune in as I dive into a few list building rules you need to keep in mind when growing your email list and how you can go from zero to a hundred subscribers in this episode of Youpreneur FM.One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned when it comes to email marketing is that you don’t just want to grow an email list of subscribers - you want to grow a list of highly engaged, good quality email subscribers. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential learning points from this episode:
- When it comes to email marketing is that you don’t just want to grow an email list, you want to grow a list of highly engaged, good quality email subscribers.
- How segmentation can help you deliver a good quality and engaged list.
- The List Building Challenge: what quick email list building strategies you can use to get started today.
- The importance of paying attention to GDPR, treating people’s data with respect and not sending them marketing materials they don’t want.
- Much, much more!
Important links & mentions from this episode:
- Amy Porterfield
- YoupreneurFM Episode 298 with Suzanne Dibble
- YoupreneurFM Episode 335
- Pick up Chris’ first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year’s Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.