Back in the day, all you needed to build your personal brand was a logo and a website and you were golden. Nowadays, however, consumers are looking for so much more. They want to share experiences, goals and pain points with you – they’re looking for a special connection with a person and a name they can trust.
The rise of “influencers” and “micro-influencers” is a great example of personal branding and authenticity – it’s that unique human element that audiences crave and that big brands try to emulate.
So where do you start when it comes to building your own personal brand? In this episode, I deep-dive into the five key elements that will help you build a successful, future-proof personal brand.
Tune in as I also talk about how you can tell your story, defining the people you want to serve and why you need to realize you can’t serve everyone and should focus on the audience that really matters to you. There’s a lot to unpack in this episode, so grab a pen, a notebook and enjoy!The rise of “influencers” and “micro-influencers” is a great example of personal branding and authenticity - it’s that unique human element that audiences crave and that big brands try to emulate. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Why you should make sure that the people you are attracting now are the right people you want to serve.
- Get to know your perfect customer so that when you meet them in real life you know just what to say and how you can help.
- Make sure your website has the right messaging so your audience knows exactly what you want them to do.
- Remember, social media isn’t about how many followers you have – it’s all about the engagement you create.
- Real relationships take time to build but they are worth it, so get to know people and let them get to know you.
- Much, much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- YOU309 – Website Design and Branding Secrets that Rock with Greg Merrilees
- YOU344 – How to Create & Market Content to Attract Your Perfect Customer
- Pick up Chris’ first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year’s Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.