As an entrepreneur, your website plays a crucial role in portraying yourself and your business. If you want to entice customers and sell online, you’ve got to make sure your website is giving customers the right impression and motivation to engage more with your business.
However, a mistake that a lot of business owners make is to assume that their website will ever be done, because I can guarantee that it won’t!
In this episode, I talk with website strategist and founder of Melt Design, Matt Eldridge. We discuss reasons why your website will never be a done deal and why it’s something you need to work on continually. He also lets you in on a few secrets of the trade, including what you can do to make sure your website stays ahead of the curve. It’s an interesting discussion packed with tons of practical tips you can implement today, so I know you’re going to love it!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Your website will never be a “done deal,” it’s an ever-evolving and ever-growing entity
- If your website doesn’t load in 4 seconds, you could lose 40% of your potential audience
- Your website is more than an online brochure. It’s a full-blown sales and marketing system
- Make sure your website is always up-to-date and aligned with your current business processes
- If done right, automation can make a massive difference to your bottom line
- Sales funnels must build relationships with customers to increase conversion rates
- Implement relevant auto-response systems to help discourage people from unsubscribing
- Utilise live chatbots to communicate with your customers quickly and efficiently
- Save time by linking your billing through your website, so that it can automate to your account system
- If you let your contacts expire or elapse over six months, they’re dead contacts
- Talk to your customers straight away with an engaging welcome email
- If you can get back to someone in five minutes, they’re 56% more likely to convert as a customer
- You’ve got to provide a clear call-to-action for each of your services
- Put heat maps on your most important pages to track your bounce rate and help to visualize where your visitors click on your site etc.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- WeasiPeasi (Now FreedomWP)
- Matt’s website
- Google Analytics
- Crazy egg
- Hot jar
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to make sure you get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.