SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST APP
Becoming a published author is a goal that many people want to conquer – maybe more than you think. According to a survey, 81% of Americans want to write a book. But even with the desire to write one, I can easily say that the actual process of writing and editing a book is a completely different ball game.
In this episode, I share a few guidelines you can use while writing your book including how you can get started with writing your book, what you can do to keep up that writing momentum and why it’s crucial to have a fresh pair of eyes go over your work to help you with the editing process.
I also cover the second part of the book process which is marketing it and why you don’t need to wait until your book is finished to get started on it. Whether you choose the self-publishing or traditional publishing route, either way, means that you have to make book marketing your full-time job.
There’s a lot of hard work that goes into becoming a published author, but I’m a big believer that everyone has a book in them. I hope you enjoy this episode of the podcast, so grab some coffee, your notepad and get to work!Writing a book is a big undertaking and there will be days when you wonder why you are doing this. You need to layout your reason to help you get through those days and remind you of why you started in the first place. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential learning points from this episode:
- You need to layout your reason to help you get through those days and remind you of why you started in the first place.
- Having an overview of how your book is going to unfold can often guide you back on the right path.
- Even while you are in the process of writing your book, it’s never too early to start thinking about marketing it.
- Think about how you can add even more value to your readers to thank them for buying your book.
- Much, much more!
Important links & mentions from this episode:
- YOU183 – Marketing Your Book All the Way to the Bestseller Lists, with Jay Baer
- YOU359 – Launching an Online Product or Service
- Create Space
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year’s Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our podcast, live events and coaches our clients inside the Youpreneur Incubator. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.