In this episode, Chris shares the best strategy to use when buying the right domain name for your business, the common misconceptions about personal branding, and why expert businesses have the ability to pivot as and when they feel the need to.
- [00:58] – Breaking down the misconceptions
- [02:42] – Domain to choose as a personal brand entrepreneur
- [04:00] – Don’t build a brand using your name if you plan to sell the business
- [05:26] – Pivoting is built directly into your personal brand already
- [06:50] – Making the final decision
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The questions you need to ask yourself before deciding on using your name for your domain
- Why we think there is a ceiling on growth potential if we use our personal names
- As a personal brand entrepreneur, you’re free to pivot and start talking about something new as long as it continues to provide value for your community
- Unless you’re looking to sell your business, stick with your name!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Get Access to the Expertise Monetization Bundle
- Pick Up a Copy of Chris’ Book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.