As you may know, I recently took up vlogging. I’ll admit, I was a little skeptical at first. But since I started this vlogging journey, I’ve realized that not only do I love it. You guys love it too!
I couldn’t be more grateful for all the incredible support I’ve received, and as a special thank you gift, I’m bringing you a keynote from last year’s Youpreneur Summit by Amy Landino. Amy’s a good friend of mine and a highly respected influencer in the video and vlogging world.
In Amy’s keynote, she talks about how you can launch and grow a super successful vlog that can help to market and grow your business online.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- You can make a video with one person in mind, and that same video has the power to affect the many
- The three main types of content to ensure the sustainability of your YouTube channel is hub, hero and help content
- Hub is the regularly scheduled push content that gets your current subscribers engaged (60% of your content)
- Hero content is your “go big” moment that’s designed to raise awareness (10% of your content)
- Help content is the “pull content” that targets your audience and answers their questions (30% of your content)
- If you want people to trust your message, you’ve got to share your experiences
- To achieve a sustainable YouTube channel, you must understand the purpose of your video including who it’s for and where they are right now in regard to their relationship with you
- You should aim to post on Instagram Stories once every 24 hours, Twitter every 24 hours, Facebook every 24 to 72 hours and on YouTube at least once a week
- Instead of planning, recording and editing a video each week, work in batches and save yourself time while developing a consistent upload routine
- You need to consider the culture of the channel you want to post your video to and cater your content for that channel
- Don’t think of the camera lens as a piece of technology. Think of it as the person you want to serve and try to make them feel like you’re creating the video exclusively for them
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Amy’s Website
- Amy’s YouTube channel
- Amy’s Book, Vlog Like a Boss
- Subscribe to my Vlog
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to make sure you get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.