If writing a book has been on your bucket list for a while, whilst you have a little bit of extra time on your hands, now is definitely the time to get stuck into the process! Writing a book can open up so many amazing opportunities and can be a great way to not only recession-proof your business, but will allow you to stand out from the crowd, regardless of your industry.
In this episode, I invite Chandler Bolt, CEO of Self-Publishing School onto the show to discuss all things books, the benefits of writing them for your personal brand and he also reveals a few self-publishing secrets. Tune in to find out how you can get started with writing your first or next book with the help of these tips!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- It’s 100% doable to build a business based around your book
- Books will recession-proof your business, regardless of your industry
- Mind maps are a great way to braindump all of your ideas for the book which you can then expand on and start outlining the chapters
- 70% of books sold are purchased on Amazon, which makes it a lot easier to self-publish and still get your book seen by tens of thousands of people online
- The difference between having a cover that looks good and a cover that will convert
- One vital rule to follow is to not edit whilst you’re writing, always edit after!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Sign up for Chris and Chandler’s FREE webinar
- Pick up Chris’ first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Join the Youpreneur Academy today
- Join the Youpreneur Hub Facebook Group
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube channel
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.