With the rise of content marketing in the last few years, the amount of information you can find online has been growing exponentially. You no longer have to pay for most information – it's available for free, and is only a few clicks away.
So does this mean that selling info-products is dead? Not at all. The key is finding very specific problems that your audience has, and offering specific solutions. The concept of selling access instead of just information is an important element too.
Today, I talk with David Siteman Garland about building awesome online courses – and being very profitable at it. Get ready to take notes, because this episode is jam-packed with specific, actionable advice!
David delivered some great insights into how he made his online course such a huge success. In fact, this episode is a perfect illustration of what he is talking about: provide amazingly valuable information, and people will want more!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- The earning potential of having your own online course to offer.
- How to create a survey to understand your audience's needs.
- Testing your content before developing a course.
- The biggest myths of course creation and marketing.
- Why you shouldn't be using YouTube to host your course content.
- How to market your course, the non-sleazy way.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- The Rise To The Top – David's blog / show site.
- Create Awesome Online Courses – David's course!
- NBP Episode 28, with Michael Hyatt
- Surveymonkey – survey builder.
- Wufoo – online form builder.
- Ontraport – marketing platform for “mediapreneurs”.
- Wishlist Products – turns a WordPress site into a membership site.
- Wistia – video hosting and tools (I use this!).
- Amazon S3 – cloud storage.
- Marie Forleo
- Build the Business of You
- YOUPRENEUR ACADEMY
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they're extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.