When it comes to starting new ventures and pivoting, when is enough, enough? There’s only so much bandwidth one person has and there comes a time when you need to make the decision of stepping back and just focus on the one thing that fulfills you.
In this episode, Chris invites Ryan Lee back onto the show after 7 years! They discuss pivoting, burnout, starting new companies, selling old companies, why entrepreneurs should be streamlining things, how to sell effectively, and Ryan’s decision to go full circle on his personal brand.
- [04:32] – Why you shouldn’t have the hustle and grind mentality
- [10:04] – Low margins and why it means something’s broken
- [12:04] – Ryan’s previous struggles and where the idea of his nutrition company came from
- [17:42] – Balancing multiple companies and when Ryan realized it was too much
- [25:10] – Why we need to act more like human beings and not sales machines
- [28:00] – Ryan’s plan for generating income during this new chapter
Out of three programs and hundreds of people signing up, we had one refund. That was because I’m not overselling and I’m not putting pressure on people. - Ryan Lee #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- Going against the hustle and grind mentality
- Entrepreneurs wanting more but are failing to take care of their people
- Ryan’s experience with burnout and wanting to create something fun
- People will do business with who they like, know and trust
- It’s not about being better, it’s about being different
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Go Show Ryan Some Love!
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our podcast, live events and coaches our clients inside the Youpreneur Incubator. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.