Coaching can be a tricky business sometimes. Everyone is so focused on seeing results quickly that sometimes it becomes a rush to try a new strategy or pivot without really taking the time to understand everything.
In this episode, our guest is entrepreneur, coach, author and all-around nice guy Michael Bungay Stanier who tackles this very topic as we talk about his latest book The Coaching Habit and why we should consider less time talking and more time listening to our clients. Michael also shares what kind of questions we need to be asking to help bring a new level of understanding and connection with our clients.
We also dive into the details of The Coaching Habit, the process behind how he self-published it and his own personal experiences with being a coach of coaches.
Whether you are in the coaching industry or not, the insights and value that Michael has shared in this episode are a must-listen so get that notepad out and enjoy!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Chris and Michael talk about the writing experience and the benefits of self-publishing.
- Why design matters and how it makes content accessible.
- Michael breaks down the myth of building a habit in 21 days.
- Michael shares his key strategies on becoming a better coach.
- The importance of listening.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Michael Bungay Stanier's website
- Michael Bungay Stanier on Twitter
- The Coaching Habit
- Michael Hyatt
- Amazon Publishing
- Create Space Self Publishing
- Lulu Self Publishing
- Michael Bungay Stanier's article in Growth Lab
- Charles Duhigg
- Leo Babauta
- BJ Fogg
- Leadership That Gets Results
- Youpreneur Summit 2017
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Youpreneur Personal Brand Business Building Community
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.