We've covered live video before on the show, so in this episode we take a deeper look at a different side of video: vlogging and how it's created a whole new landscape for entrepreneurs to reach their audiences and deliver their message.
Joining the show once again is the founder of Savvy, Sexy, Social and Vlog Boss herself, Amy Schmittauer as she talks about her new upcoming book Vlog Like a Boss, why it is still the year of video and why everyone should start considering vlogging.
Amy goes into the details of a solid vlog including analytics, thumbnails and why watch page time matters. We also talk about the biggest thing you need when it comes to starting a vlog and why you should talk to one person so that you can connect with many.
This was a great chat with Amy as we talk about all things vlogging and even some of our favorite book marketing tactics. Get ready with your notepad and pen, you are going to need it. Tune in and enjoy!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Why you should ‘win with the thumbnail'.
- What is still keeping people from starting with video.
- Amy Schmittauer breaks down a marketing plan for your YouTube Channel.
- Amy breaks down the three biggest fears when it comes to starting with vlogging.
- What wins on the Facebook News Feed and how to properly promote YouTube links on Facebook.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Amy Schmittauer's Website
- Amy Schmittauer on Twitter
- Amy Schmittauer's YouTube Channel
- The Book – Vlog Like a Boss
- Virtual Freedom
- Crush It
- Casey Neistat
- Amy's Instagram Stories video
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Youpreneur Personal Brand Business Building Community
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they're extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!