Being heard online has never been more challenging. With so much noise coming from so many different directions – social media, podcasting, live video – we need to make sure that our brand and the messages we’re sending to our audience rises above it all.
Spreading your message doesn’t mean pushing out a constant stream of content. It also means really listening to what your audience wants and providing solutions to those problems. Remember, it isn’t just what you say, but how you say it and who you are saying it to.
In this episode, I deep-dive into the finer details of spreading your message: being seen as an expert, keeping an online media company mentality, using the P2P philosophy – all of these things are steps you can take to be heard and rise above the noise.
I also talk about the power of growing your tribe and why you need to involve and empower them through challenges or activities to build a sense of community. All of that and so much more in this episode of Youpreneur FM.As Youpreneurs, we are always aiming to be the go-to person in our respective industries so this means you need to set the agenda. #Youpreneur Click To Tweet
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- When it comes to being an expert, the key is to always be serving others.
- View your brand as an online media company to help you see the bigger picture, keep your messaging streamlined and run your business more effectively.
- You have to get to know your audience and interact with them and at the same time you need to allow them to get to know you.
- Some people can feel pressured to make everything “Instagram-level Pretty” when it comes to live video but remember that it doesn’t need to be polished.
- Much, much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- YOU128 – How to Build a Community Full of Raving Fans, with Jadah Sellner
- YOU202 – Getting Started with Facebook Live Video, with Ian Anderson Gray
- Pick up Chris' first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year's Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris' second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we're grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.