In a noisy world where small businesses are forced to compete against more recognized brands for consumers attention, it can be tough to keep your business above water. Let’s face it…if we don’t have the attention of our prospects, customers, fans, followers, subscribers and so on, we’re done.
On this podcast episode, I talk with Neen James about why attention is vital for businesses and how to get more of it. Neen is a good friend of mine and honestly, one of my most favorite people on the planet. She is a member of the League of Heroic Public Speakers and offers practical strategies to her audiences. Neen is also an accomplished author of “Folding Time” and her latest book, “Attention Pays.”
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Attention is the evolution of productivity, and when we learn how to grab and keep people’s attention, we make more money, and we get more done
- Attention drives productivity, profitability, and accountability
- We pay attention in three ways: personal, professional and global
- Personal attention is about being thoughtful and thinking about who deserves our attention
- Professional attention is about what deserves our attention and being productive
- Global attention is about being responsible with focus on how we pay attention in the world
- Don’t underestimate the power of a handwritten note to add a personal touch and show your appreciation
- Try to invest 15-minutes a day and identify your top 3 non-negotiable activities that will move you closer to achieving your goals
- Multi-tasking isn’t always the answer – each time you change tasks, your brain takes 23 minutes to regain focus
- Public accountability drives private accountability, and when we tell someone else what we intend to do, we’re more likely to follow through with it
- You should outsource things that are not your strengths, so you can focus on what’s most important to you and your business
- If we pay attention to our clients and listen to what they don’t tell us, we’ll be able to accommodate them better
- Ask more targeted questions to your clients to get to the heart of what’s really going on and find out what they need from you and your business
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Neen James’ book, “Attention Pays”
- Neen James’ book, “Folding Time”
- Neen James’ website
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our podcast, live events and coaches our clients inside the Youpreneur Incubator. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.