In this episode, Chris invites Michael Hyatt back onto the show to discuss his latest book, Mind Your Mindset which he co-authored with his daughter and CEO of Full Focus, Megan Hyatt Miller.
They discuss how we can zoom in on challenging ourselves and how to control the narrative that we have as business owners when it comes to problems we face. As well as the opportunities that are presented to us and how to best utilize certain situations that we put ourselves in.
- [04:12] – Where the idea came from for Mind Your Mindset
- [11:04] – The science behind how we think and our memories
- [22:19] – Imposter Syndrome and how it plays into our mindset
- [26:37] – The relationship between our language and our thinking
- [31:38] – Michael’s open heart surgery and how he managed his mindset during the recovery stage
The most powerful lesson I’ve learned in business is taking ownership for my results, being self aware of my thinking and harnessing it in a way that’s empowering. - Michael Hyatt Click To Tweet
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- How Michael’s coach made him realize his leadership was the issue and the changes he made
- Up to 20% of our memories are likely made up, and up to 70% are distorted in some significant way
- How we can overcome Imposter Syndrome as entrepreneurs
- The reciprocal relationship between our language and our thinking
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Pick Up a Copy of Mind Your Mindset
- Apply for Chris’ Inner Circle, the Round Table Mastermind
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our podcast, live events and coaches our clients inside the Youpreneur Incubator. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.