Niching down in business can have a powerful impact on the short, medium and long term growth of your business.
In this episode I speak with Christopher Lochhead all about differentiation and niching down your business. Chris is a smart guy and he is one of the most hard-working individuals I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet. He hosts the podcast, Legends and Losers, which helps people design a legendary business and a legendary life.
Following 20 years working as a Chief Marketing Officer for three publically traded Silicon Valley companies, he decided to hang up his gloves and launch a small advisory firm. He worked as a highly sought after advisory coach for ten years, and he wrote a book called “Play Bigger.”
Today he has retired from the marketing world and is focusing on his podcast, where he gives excellent advice to other entrepreneurs about starting and maintaining a successful business. Chris has a lot of old war stories from his business and marketing days, and he has a lot to say about the importance and the power of niching down and what it could mean for the growth of your business.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Free range conversation builds relationships and business opportunities – don’t be afraid to meet people face to face and have a real-life conversation
- Legendary people and companies are known for their niche, NOT their brand
- Getting started with finding your perfect niche is easier than you think
- You can learn a lot from a category designer about niching down and expanding your business
- Being different to your competitors is more important than being ‘better’
- Becoming more differentiated can make your contribution to the world more impactful
- Don’t fall in love with your product, fall in love with the problem that your product solves
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Christopher’s podcast show: Legends and Losers
- Christopher’s book: Play Bigger
- Christopher on Twitter
- Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning
- Grab early bird tickets to the Youpreneur Summit here
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!