There is a myth around being able to have a work-life balance and still be successful. However, it really comes down to making small, yet incredibly impactful changes to your life in order to achieve it.
QUICK REMINDER: Doors to our Youpreneur Incubator Coaching & Mastermind are open! If you’re interested in being coached by myself, other experts and masterminding throughout the year with incredible entrepreneurs, like you, who are on the same journey, just click here for more information and to secure your place!
In this episode, Chris invites Michael Hyatt back onto the show to discuss his new book, Win at Work and Succeed at Life, co-written with his daughter and CEO of Hyatt & Co, Megan Hyatt Miller. Tune in to hear why Michael believes everyone should have a work-life balance in order to succeed at life.
- [04:20] – The last 10 years of Michael’s career
- [08:26] – The pinnacle moment where Michael realized he was not succeeding in life
- [12:53] – 5 principles to freeing yourself from the cult of overwork
- [17:58] – Where Michael is now in his career
- [28:43] – The things that can’t be checked off a to-do list
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- How to free yourself from the cult of overwork
- Learning to embrace constraints and setting boundaries
- Why sacrificing your family life will not result in succeeding in your work life
- The 5 principles to creating and maintaining a work-life balance
- The things that are truly the most rewarding and most enriching
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.