Is your business or your idea for a business based on your dream work? Is it the work you are meant to do? Our guest for today's show, Chris Guillebeau, has written a brilliant book called Born For This: Find The Work You Are Meant For.
Chris joined me on episode 167 to give serious value bombs, wisdom bombs and knowledge bombs! We talk about why he wrote this book after hearing from so many of his rabid fans that they had “won the careery lottery”. In particular we focus on two chapters: You Incorporated and DIY Rock Star. Chris shares the themes in each chapter and what they mean for you.
We also highlight several case studies from the book, including a successful tee shirt business and the Passion Planner. He explains why these people – and other successes – often find the trifecta of joy, money and flow at the heart of their businesses.
This is a terrific show so grab some coffee or tea, your notepad and get ready to dig in with us on episode 167 of Youpreneur FM.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Why every Youpreneur FM listener will benefit from reading Born For This.
- What is a very common trait among successful entrepreneurs?
- What are the things Chris has failed at?
- How do we balance the passion versus profit mindset?
- How to build a community vs. building a list.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Chris Guillebeau's web site
- Born For This, by Chris Guillebeau
- Chris Guillebeau on Twitter
- Build the Business of You
- The Virtual Freedom Book 2 year anniversary
- Youpreneur Academy
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they're extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!