Building your personal brand takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It’s about you, your personality and passions but more importantly, it’s about what you can do and how you can serve others.
I’ve had a lot of young people on the show lately and this week’s guest is just 21 (but she doesn’t talk like a 21-year-old!). Lauren Tickner got in touch with me after she picked up my book, “Rise of the Youpreneur” and reached out to me. Lauren is a professional health and fitness coach with over 120,000 followers on Instagram. She’s doing an incredible job utilizing the platform to help build her brand and she has a real fresh outlook on entrepreneurship and business.
Lauren struggled with weight issues as a teen until one day she decided enough was enough. She discovered weight lifting and how to lose weight healthily and launched an Instagram account to track her fitness journey. She realized that people were interested in what she was doing and what she had to say, especially when she gave value to her audience. It wasn’t long before her followers wanted to buy her products and so, Lauren made the difficult decision to drop out of university, quit her job, and embark on her personal brand journey – and she couldn’t be happier!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Remember that your online presence can have a massive impact on your reputation AND your brand
- You can take your own experiences and personal trials to offer support to others
- Don’t let anyone else in your life stop you from going after what you want
- Branching out of your industry is possible if you know how to do it RIGHT
- Providing valuable content to your target audience is the key to building and maintaining a successful brand and a loyal following
- Staying focused on your message and keeping it aligned with your business model will help attract the right people to your business
- It’s worth taking risks when you’re young because you’ve got time to recuperate if it doesn’t go as planned
- If you start thinking less about failing and more about succeeding, you’re more likely to do great things with your life
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Lauren Tickner’s website
- Lauren’s Instagram Account
- Lauren’s Fitness E-Book Guides
- Lauren’s Impact Through Influence Course
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.