Most entrepreneurs are reluctant to call themselves a salesperson. But the truth is, if you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, you’re selling (or trying to sell) something. Whether that’s a physical product or service, your role of salesperson plays a crucial part towards selling that winning idea of yours.
In this podcast episode, I welcome sales coach and business strategist, Jessica Lorimer, onto the show. Jessica helps coaches and entrepreneurs create simple sales funnels that convert potential customers into paying clients.
We talk about the sales process and how it’s evolved. More importantly, we break down the best tips and practical strategies for you to make more sales and grow a successful business.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- You’re always replaceable unless you’re the one doing the hiring
- You have to bet on yourself because nobody else is going to do it for you
- Show people your human side and don’t paint yourself as a “perfect human being” because people don’t buy from perfect people, they buy from real people
- Don’t give your audience constant value without selling anything because it can lead to what Jessica likes to call, “baby bird syndrome”
- Always carry out key market research to make sure you have an audience of potential buyers before selling something new
- An aspirational seller is someone who has already achieved the end goal that the aspirational buyer wants
- An emotional seller is someone who uses a personal experience or trauma to sell something to others (such as the learning outcomes)
- Make your sales process as simple as possible for your customers – leave out the jargon and get straight to the point!
- Do your market research in advance and discover as much as possible about your ideal customer
- When it comes to customer objections, you must show empathy before confirming whether or not the objection is valid
- You should embrace objections because they help you to improve yourself, your business and your sales
- Don’t let your customers walk away from the sale indecisive about their decision to purchase
- Put a follow-up strategy in place and learn how to handle an objection without taking it personally
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Jessica’s website
- Jessica’s Facebook
- Jessica’s Twitter
- Jessica’s Instagram
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to make sure you get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our weekly podcast, Youpreneur.FM, as well as our annual conference, the Youpreneur Summit. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.