There are so many ways to reach your audience these days. Ten years ago, blogging was considered everyone’s bread and butter, so to speak. It was the primary way we could share our message and get our content out there. Nowadays there are so many different platforms to choose from.
Youpreneurs are spread across various platforms including blogging, vlogging, podcasting, using social media like Instagram and Instagram stories while other Youpreneurs focus on growing communities on Facebook or even shooting live streaming videos.
This week, however, I want to zoom in on two main mediums: podcasting and vlogging. Tune in as I weigh the pros and cons of each and share a few tips on deciding which medium is right for you.
I also share some interesting facts on why both mediums are worth jumping on, what you can do to get used to being in front of the camera and so much more. If you are still on the fence about whether you should be a podcaster or a vlogger, this is an episode you don’t want to miss.
Essential learning points from this episode:
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic.
- The key is to just keep shooting videos to get yourself more accustomed to it.
- Podcasting has a different appeal from vlogging because it creates an intimate atmosphere between you and your listener.
- 54% of podcast listeners are more likely to consider buying an advertised product which is great for when you are ready to start monetizing your audience.
- Much, much more!
Important links & mentions from this episode:
- Vlogging vs. Podcasting: What’s Right for You
- Pick up Chris’ first bestselling book, Virtual Freedom
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator waitlist!
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Get tickets to this year’s Youpreneur Summit
- Pick up Chris’ second bestselling book, Rise of the Youpreneur
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
- Check out our FREE video course on YouTube!
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.