Chris invites Mark Schaefer back onto the show to discuss his latest book, Belonging to the Brand, which is all about building a community and how it’s potentially the last great marketing strategy of our time!
They both discuss the importance of accessibility and creating sparks of opportunity for others. They touch on the pandemic and how big brands reacted in the wrong way, as opposed to smaller companies who stuck to their brand, and realized their community was also struggling, which resulted in positive reactions from their audience. Mark also emphasizes why community is more important than we may think it is and how it can be used as a powerful brand marketing opportunity.
- [03:54] – Why Mark will always keep his doors open for one-to-one meetings
- [10:41] – How we can be heard in today’s busy world and how we can stand out as entrepreneurs
- [14:00] – One of the main reasons Mark decided to write this book
- [15:15:] – How community can be the ultimate marketing strategy without relying on traditional advertising or promotions
- [24:09] – The biggest advantage from a marketing standpoint when it comes to building a community
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The power of building a community and why we should all be focusing more on it
- We’ve never been more connected, yet disconnected in today’s world
- What entrepreneurs can do to stand out and be heard
- How community can be the ultimate marketing strategy without relying on paid advertising
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Pick Up a Copy of Belonging to the Brand
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator Waitlist
- Apply for Chris’ Inner Circle, the Round Table Mastermind
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.