How powerful is word of mouth in business? As it turns out, word of mouth influences 90% of all purchases. The only real issue with this is the fact that most business owners don’t have a tangible strategy in motion to leverage customer conversations in a way that will help them to get more customers…for free!
So, I thought who better to talk about all this than the guy (or one of the guys) who wrote an entire book on the subject. Who is this mystery guest of mine, you might ask? Well, it’s none other than Jay Baer, a good friend of mine and somewhat of a regular on the show.
In this podcast episode, we talk about how entrepreneurs can use something he likes to call, ‘talk triggers’ to help attract more customers using the power and influence of word of mouth. As you can expect, Jay reveals tons of value bombs throughout the episode. So, find somewhere comfy where you can listen in, take notes and start thinking about your own ‘talk triggers’ that will help grow your business.
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- The best way to grow any business is for your customers to become volunteer marketers and grow it for you
- 50% of your money is driven by word of mouth, in B2B that number rises to 90%
- Being good at your job doesn’t create chatter, you’ve got to be memorable
- Recommendations are all about storytelling, so you’ve got to give your customers something to talk about
- A talk trigger is a strategic, purposeful operational differentiator that compels word of mouth
- Every business should implement a talk trigger strategy to get people talking and generate more customers
- The best way to come up with a talk trigger is to map out each touch point between you and the customer, interview customers about their expectations at each touch point and from this, you’ll have a recipe for how to do what they don’t expect
- A talk trigger is an operational choice, not a marketing campaign
- Everyone in the business must be behind the talk trigger to make it work
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From this Episode:
- Download the Talk Triggers FREE 6-Step Guide
- Jay’s new book – Talk Triggers
- Jay’s book – Hug Your Haters
- Jay’s website Convince & Convert
- Jay’s website
- Jay’s Facebook page
- Jay’s Twitter
- Subscribe to my youYouTube Channel
- Rise of the Youpreneur
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Join the Youpreneur Community and Build Your Business FAST!