Networking is a must for entrepreneurs to help build those connections and relationships within our industries, but the thought of networking can also bring up images of cheesy networking breakfasts and collecting business card papercuts.
In this episode, Dave Delaney of Networking for Nice People joins the show to rid us of that mental image and dives into the topic of nice networking, the stigma attached to the word ‘networking' itself and how to do it the right way.
Dave and I also talk about the fear of asking, our takes on how to handle business cards, what he means by a ‘no agenda coffee' and what you should be looking for (and watching out for) when it comes to collaborations.
Dave shared some great insights into how to make meaningful connections that I know you are going to appreciate and apply during your next networking opportunity, so tune in and enjoy!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Dave talks about his main catalyst when it comes to helping his audience.
- Why your next step after showing up and making that initial connection, is to follow up.
- How to provide value in-person within a conference setting.
- How to start a collaboration off on the right foot.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Dave Delaney's website
- Dave Delaney on Twitter
- Networking for Nice People – Special YoupreneurFM Offer
- New Business Networking
- Peter Shankman
- Youpreneur Summit 2017
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Youpreneur Personal Brand Business Building Community
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they're extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!