As a self published author, not having your book available to buy on Amazon is a big problem. After five years since Rise of the Youpreneur was first shared with the world, Chris received a random email from Amazon KDP informing him that they would be terminating his account, resulting in his book not being on Amazon and he would no longer receive any royalties from book sales.
After digging around online, trying to make sense of the situation, Chris soon realized that this has happened to a lot of self published authors. In this episode, Chris walks through the timeline from first being notified to the current status of his appeal, what he’s done to stay proactive, and why he’s thankful to have built his business on his online home that he owns, and not rented land.
- [01:56] – What is Amazon KDP?
- [03:05] – Backstory to launching Rise of the Youpreneur
- [12:25] – Being proactive and persistent
- [16:41] – Not building your business on rented land
- [18:04] – When life gives you lemons… you make lemonade!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The reasoning behind self publishing Rise of the Youpreneur
- Why Amazon KDP can be great for self published authors most of the time
- The importance of not building your business on rented land
- Making the most out of the situation and how we’re continuing to serve our community!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Get a Signed & Limited Edition of Rise of the Youpreneur!
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator Waitlist
- Apply for Chris’ Inner Circle, the Round Table Mastermind
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.