Whether you’re just getting started, or you’ve been in the entrepreneurial game for a while, you’ll come to realize that time is your most valuable commodity. A lot of entrepreneurs struggle to say no to opportunities that don’t align with their purpose but feel guilty about turning it down. This is where overwhelm kicks in after you’ve said yes to everything and you simply don’t have enough time in the day to get everything done!
In this episode, Chris invites Yasmine Cheyenne onto the show to discuss her new book, the Sugar Jar: Create Boundaries, Embrace Self-Healing, and Enjoy the Sweet Things in Life. Yasmine explains why entrepreneurs are still struggling with their time, how we can better align ourselves with the opportunities that make sense, how to look after ourselves by setting boundaries and so much more!
- [04:10] – The idea behind the Sugar Jar
- [10:12] – Why are we still struggling with time?
- [13:31] – The reason why you don’t have time for the right opportunities
- [15:43] – Boundaries create space
- [22:36] – The hardest thing to let go of as entrepreneurs
- [24:06] – The concept of filling up your Sugar Jar
When you get really clear on the purpose of what you're doing, then you’re able to align yourself with the opportunities and commitments that make sense. - Yasmine Cheyenne Click To Tweet
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The importance of being clear on the purpose of what you’re doing
- Aligning yourself with opportunities that make sense, and saying no to everything else
- Setting boundaries and sticking to them
- Why we struggle to let go of disappointments
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Pick Up a Copy of the Sugar Jar
- Apply for Chris’ Inner Circle, the Round Table Mastermind
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.
Chris founded Youpreneur® in 2015. He is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the bestselling books “Virtual Freedom” and “Rise of the Youpreneur”. He hosts our podcast, live events and coaches our clients inside the Youpreneur Incubator. Chris is based in Cambridge, UK.